MICHAEL BROCKERS, #90
POSITION: DEFENSIVE TACKLE
Birthday: 21 December 1990
Birthplace: Houston, Texas
Michael Brockers (MB) plays for St. Louis Rams under the position of Defensive Tackle. He began his career in football during his freshman year at Chavez High School, Houston, Texas and was considered a four-star recruit towards the end of his high school football stint. He accepted a scholarship offer from Louisiana State University and played with the LSU Tigers football team from 2009 until 2011. In 2012, MB decided to waive his final two years with LSU and entered the 2012 NFL Draft of which he was drafted 14th overall.
Michael Brockers (MB) was born on December 21, 1990 in Houston, Texas where his mother, Tiffany Brockers, raised him along with his four siblings, Jessica, Ashton, Nicolas, and Harrison. He discovered his passion in football during his freshman year at Chavez High School. During the off-season on 3 March 2013, MB married Faith, his girlfriend of 7 years, in their hometown.
Along with MB’s talents and dedication, he is also very active in the community and never forgot about his family, fans, and his Christian walk with God. He is always striving to get better in whatever he sets out to do in life. He is outgoing with a loud roar of a laugh that can captivate any room that he’s in. His loving personality won over his teammates, his friends, and anyone who ever comes in contact with him.
HIGH SCHOOL BACKGROUND:
During high school, MB played for Lobos Head Coach Mike Jackson. By junior year in 2007, Brockers racked up 59 tackles and 10 sacks. He also led Chavez High School to the first round of Texas class 5A state playoffs in his senior year in 2008, which made him the 10th defensive end in the country, becoming a four-star prospect and ranked number 23 statewide by Rivals.com. At the same time, Scot.com also regarded him with a four-star rating and the national’s 16th defensive end.
MB graduated from high school in 2009 and committed himself to Louisiana State University where he spent his first year as a red-shirt freshman. He suited up in all 13 games in his sophomore year in 2010 with 1 starting position and racked up 5 tackles and 1 fumble. During his junior year, he started all 14 games at left defensive tackle where he added 54 tackles, 2 sacks, and 1 interception.
In the year 2012, he showed immense potential by displaying his skills with a broad jump of 105.0 inches, vertical jump of 26.5 inches, 3-cone drill of 7.46 seconds, and a 40-yard dash recorded at 5.36 seconds. His career in football progressed during his 3rd year with the Tigers when he was shortlisted for the 2012 NFL draft and left the team with 2 seasons playing experience, finishing his career with 79 tackles, 11 tackles for loss, 2 sacks, and 1 interception. In addition to that, MB also earned a second-team ALL-SEC honors in 2011.
MB was selected in the first round of fourteen pick overall by the St. Louis Rams in the 2012 NFL Draft. On June 7, 2012 he signed a four-year contract with the Rams where he became the team’s starting defensive tackle. He ended his Rookie Season with 31 tackles, 4 sacks and 11 assists.
- Started with 16 games at Right Defensive Tackle and led all Rams defensive linemen with 75 tackles and finished with 5.5 sacks
- Game vs. San Francisco (26 September): He split a sack with DE Chris Long and made 3 tackles (2 solo)
- Game vs. Jacksonville (6 October): Sacked Jaguars QB Blaine Gabbert for a 4-yard loss which marks his first sack of the season, tallied 4 tackles (2 solo), caused 1 fumble
- Game at Houston (13 October): Recorded 2 sacks on Texan QB Matt Shaub which marked his 2nd consecutive game with a sack and pushed his season to a total of 3.5 and his career to a total of 7.5; Added 7 solo tackles including 3 for loss
- Game vs. Seattle (28 October): Tallied 6 tackles (1 solo) and was part of the defensive line that helped limit the Seahawks to just 44 rushing yards
- Game vs. Chicago in (24 November): Recorded 2 tackles (1 solo), caused 1 fumble and 2 quarterback pressures.
- Game at San Francisco (1 December): Sacked 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick, added a second sack on Kaepernick which give MB his 4 career multiple sack games and added 7 tackles (2 solo)
- Game vs. New Orleans (15 December): Batted down Saints’ K. Garrett Hartley’s 36-yard field goal attempt, recorded 6 tackles (4 solo) and 1 hit on the quarterback
- Game at Seattle (29 December): MB posted a season-high 10 tackles (8 solo) including 2 for loss.
- 2012 was MB’s Rookie year
- Led all Rams defensive linemen in all 63 tackles despite missing 3 games
- Garnered 4.0 sacks and 13 quarterback pressures
- Game vs. Seattle (30 September): MB’s first game starting at right defensive tackle and recorded 2 assisted tackles
- Game vs. Green Bay (21 October): Started right defensive tackle and performed his first career sack on Packers’ QB Aaron Rodgers for a loss of four yards. Notched a season-high 7 tackles (4 solo)
- Game vs. New England (28 October): Saw action on defense and tallied 2 assisted tackles, 1 defensive pass and 3 quarterback pressures
- Game vs. San Francisco (11 November): Started at right defensive tackle, split a sack on 49ers QB Alex Smith with DE Robert Quinn for a 2-yard loss and notched a solo sack on Smith that gave him 1.5 sack on the game and 2.4 the whole season. In addition, he made 5 tackles (3 solo), 1 quarterback pressure and 1 hit on the quarterback
- Game vs. San Francisco (2 December): Started at right defensive tackle, notched a season-high among Rams defensive linemen in tackles with 11 (5 solo) including one for loss.
- Game at Buffalo (9 December): Started at right defensive tackle, split sack on Buffalo QB Ryan Fitzpatrick on the first drive of the game, tallied a solo sack for a loss of 6 yards which pushed his season to a total of 4.0 sack and forced a fumble with TB Fred Jackson which was recovered by LB James Laurinaitis and returned 4 yards. He also marked his first forced fumble in his career and made 6 tackles (5 solo) including 1 for loss, added 2 quarterback pressures and 2 quarterback hits.
- Game vs. Minnesota (16 December): Started at right defensive tackle and recorded 7 tackles (2 solo)
- Game at Tampa Bay (23 December): Started at right defensive tackle, tallied 5 tackles (1 solo) and tipped 1 pass that was intercepted by DE Eugene Sims.